The Gurgaon Children’s Literature Festival (GCLF) gives children and young adults an opportunity to immerse themselves in the world of stories, explore their curiosity and develop a lifelong love of reading.
In many cases, this magical journey through the world of stories often acts as that ‘aha’ moment when a child discovers a thirst for learning and a realisation that books and stories will help open up hidden corridors to new adventures. It gives flight to imagination, builds creativity, creates a global understanding of diverse cultures & people and develops a wholesome sense of community.
Join us as acclaimed author Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni launches her new book ” The Forest of Enchantments”
Chitra will be in conversation with Kaveree Bamzai
Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni is an award-winning and bestselling author, poet, activist and teacher of writing.
The Forest of Enchantments, based on the Ramayana.
In this book, Sita, the main female character in the epic, will tell her story in her own voice. Her joys and sorrows. Her agony and her triumph. Her heartbreak and her resilience. And her understanding of what love is.
Registration is mandatory – Limited Seats only
Curated by ‘The Unhotel Company’,this getaway is meticulously planned to explore the city. The best traditional sarees, visit to the weaver family, history of the ghats, and the thousand temples – this trip is a combination of “must do” and “offbea things to do” with the local Banarasi flavour. The four days are an opportunity to discover the enigma called “Varanasi”. The grannies at the Granny’s Inn of course pamper you like your ‘nani ka ghar’ .
- Reach Banaras by afternoon.
- Traditional lunch at Granny’s Inn followed by a short talk- Intro to Varanasi through locals.
- Visit weavers and traditional Banarasi saree shops.
- Visit Vishwanath temple & temple market.
- Evening Ganga Arti.
- Dinner at Chaat Bhandar
- Morning boat ride through the Ghats of Varanasi.
- Breakfast at Granny’s Inn.
- Visit to interesting and famous temples -Durga Temple, Sankat Mochan temple etc. and BHU.
- Lunch at a traditional restaurant.
- Varanasi heritage walk in the old Varanasi gullies/ Saree shopping.
- Dinner at Granny’s Inn.
Not included – Individual arrival and departure + flight tickets to Varanasi.
EMI options are also available