For the past few months, I have been listening to many influencers. Some of these podcasts, videos have been powerful and have resonated with me. In this series, I plan to present my learning and takeaways that I have benefited from. I will be adding examples from my life and experiences. Join me in my journey and let me know if it resonates with you in the comments below.
There are many studies that focus on habits of achievers. One common habit amongst all achievers is that they count their blessings. They are grateful.
This reminds me of the song we used to sing in school,
“Count your blessings, Name them one by one
Count your blessings, See what God has done
Count your blessings, Name them one by one
And it will surprise you, What the Lord has done”
‘Thank You’ has become a rare jewel given now we take life for granted. Thank You has been scientifically proven to make us happier.
These simple steps will set us on the gratitude journey and enrich our lives.
- Write daily in your gratitude journal – On a fresh new page, write I am grateful for…
- Express gratitude – Say thank you. Make a conscious effort to appreciate at least 3 people every day.
- Carry a physical token of your gratitude.
- Appreciate the smallest of the blessings.
- Mirror exercise – acknowledge yourself every day and appreciate your accomplishments
- Four As of gratitude – Appreciation, Approval, Admiration, and Attention
Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day. My mind is playing “Count your blessings” in auto replay mode today.
Source: Wellcast – Gratitude
This was first published on Vijaya GowriSankar’s Realm