One and Only is a n exclusive furniture show room located on Gurgaon Manesar Road (717 Conclave, Kherki Daula, (Next to Haldiram), National Highway 8 Gurgaon, Haryana 122001)
Upon our arrival we were greeted with welcome drinks.
The showroom is filled with grand and magnificent furniture. The furniture is also displayed room wise so the client can have a fair idea of what pieces go together. We were given a tour and then we proceeded to a demonstration.
Ms.Diya the showroom manager also doubles up as a chef and proceeded to bake a cake for us.
As the demonstration commenced Ms.Bubble started a game called “ Don’t say No” .The ladies were each given 5 cards in a heart shape . Every time you caught someone saying No you had to ask for a card! The game went on with much hilarity and led to many laughs. Makes one realize how often we use the N word!
After the cake was put into the oven to bake we were given a small informative talk on Interiors. She showed us various semi –precious stones used for inlays. She also showed us a range of metallic leafing .Wood finishes and Ducos were also displayed. She then showed us diverse new polishes with a shaded and antique finish. To cap off the talk different leathers were shown. The talk was insightful and entertaining. Our in-house Vastu and Feng-shui specialist Jayaa Nair also kept sharing tips.
Refreshments were served. A lovely spread and tea was there for all GurgaonMoms to enjoy. A beautiful heart shaped mirror was presented to the winner of the game – Rashmi Thakur.
- 200 gms butter ( white /unsalted)
- 200gms flour
- 200gms powdered sugar
- 4 eggs ?
- 3-4 drops Vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Sift the flour with 2 teaspoons baking powder and a pinch of salt. Sift 3 times to incorporate air.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Break eggs one by one.Alternate egg and 2-3 spoons of flour into the mixture.
- Line a cake time with oil and flour. Pour batter in and bake for 40 minutes.
- Always use proper measurements. Use weighing scale at eye level.
- Use a 1- 1.5 ratio for butter/sugar: flour
- for cupcakes half fill cases with batter
- for nuts mix them into the flour
- Chocolate cake- Remove 2 tablespoons of flour and add 1 tbsp cocoa
- For marble cake remove half the batter and then add cocoa to the rest.