Halloween is celebrated each year on October 31. It originated with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain when people would light bonfires and wear costumes to ward off ghosts.Halloween is celebrated globally now and has evolved into a day of activities like trick-or-treating and carving jack-o-lanterns.
We have curated some of the happening Halloween parties in Delhi -NCR for both kids and adults along with some special recipes by the chefs.
RECIPES BY CHEF ASHISH SINGH FROM CAFE DELHI HEIGHTS
- 120g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 300g caster sugar (or fine white granulated sugar)
- 2 no eggs
- 80ml cooking oil
- 10g unsweetened cocoa powder plus 1 tablespoon extra for dusting
- 45ml red food coloring (liquid, not gel)
- 10ml pure vanilla extract
- 20ml white vinegar
- 350g plain cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bi-carb soda)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250ml buttermilk*
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 400g cream cheese (not spreadable), at room temperature
- 120g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 200 icing sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F | 175°C. Lightly grease two 8-inch cake pans with butter or nonstick oil spray and lightly dust with 1 tablespoon of the sifted cocoa powder.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light in color. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition to combine well.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together oil, remaining cocoa powder, red food coloring and vanilla until smooth. Stir color mixture and vinegar through the creamed sugar mixture to combine.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients and half of the buttermilk to the wet ingredients; mix well. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients and buttermilk.
- Divide batter among the 2 prepared pans and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack completely.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth lighter in color (about 3-4 minutes). Beat in icing sugar until frosting is light and fluffy (if frosting is too thin, add more icing sugar and beat again until reaching your desired consistency).
- Transfer 1 cake onto a serving dish/plate, flat-side down. Trim the top dome off of the cake to create a flat bottom later. Scoop about 1 1/2 – 2 cups of frosting onto cake and spread evenly over the top.
- Place second cake layer on top and use remaining frosting to cover top and sides of cake.
- Crumble trimmed pieces of cake to decorate.
*To make your own buttermilk, mix 1 cup of full cream milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar before baking. Allow the milk to sour for 5-10 minutes.
Blood Curdling Soup
- Pumpkin — 500 gm.
- Salt — to taste
- White Pepper – 2 gm.
- Bay leaf — 2 gm.
- Honey – 20 ml
- Green cardamom – 2 gm.
- Aromatic broth — 2 gm.
- Curry powder – 3 gm.
- Olive oil — 50 gm.
- Carrot — 50 gm.
- Leeks —- 20 gm.
- Celery – 20 gm.
- Cheddar cheese — 30 gm.
- Chili oil – few drops
- Pumpkin seeds – 5-7 no
- Pumpkin skin – 8-10 juliennes
- Preheat the oven at 425°F.
- Cut the pumpkin into quarters and keep the seeds aside for garnish.
- Take a baking sheet, put the pumpkin pieces and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt & honey. Bake in preheated oven until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool until easy to handle.
- Remove the skin & blend it to puree in food processor, till it reaches smooth consistency.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium flame, add green cardamom, bay leaf, celery , leeks, carrots slice, salt; cook for few minutes by stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender(Don’t cook till it turned brown.)
- Add salt, white pepper, curry powder; cook further stirring often. Add aromatic broth and cooked pumpkin; bring to boil, then cover it with lid and simmer it & cook for few minutes.
- Remove from fire and strain it to remove the whole spices.
- Put on flame again in a pan, add cheese & stir occasionally with help of whisker, check the seasoning, remove from fire.
- Serve hot garnished with chili oil, fried pumpkin seeds & fried pumpkin skin juliennes.
RECIPES OF COCKTAILS BY MIXOLOGIST NAVJOT SINGH FROM PRANKSTER
Bloody Whisky Sour
- Whisky 60ml ,
- Blood orange juice 25ml,
- Angostura 2 dash
- Lime juice -10ml
- Egg white -1no.
- Take all the ingredients and mix in a cocktail shaker glass or if you have dont have a shaker blend it in a blender take a whisky glass and pour over the ice
- Garnish it with a halloween prop and edible blue and red color
- Chilli vodka – 60 ml
- Cucumber syrup – 25ml
- Lime juice -15ml
- Splash of soda to top it up
- Shake all the ingredients together except the the soda in a shaker and strain it into a champagne glass and just top it up with splash of soda to keep it fizzy
- For chilli vodka – Fuse 5 green chillies into 500ml of vodka for 24 hours and strain it.
RECIPES BY CHEF ANAS QURESHI: MOLECULE
Mini Mexican Toastada
- 75 grams Whole corn flour
- 4 pc Tostada Base
- 60 grams Refried beans
- 35 grams Tomato salsa
- 25 grams sour cream
- 10 grams coriander leaves
- 20 grams micogreen packet
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Take 75 gms whole corn flour and add 1 gm salt and white pepper .
- Mix with approx 30 ml water to make dough
- With the dough make 4 small tortilla of 2.5 inch. Fry and dry it.
- Top it with refried beans, salsa, sour cream
- Garnish with fresh coriander and Micro Greens
Edible Lava Coal
- 150 grams Cottage Cheese
- 60 grams curd
- 8 grams Milk powder
- 5 grams green chilli
- 4 grams coriander fresh
- Salt / Yellow chilli / Pepper /Elaichi powder as per taste
- 75 grams charcoal powder batter
- 75 grams refined oil
- 10 grams Microgreen packet
- 2 edible flowers
- 50 grams tomato
- 10 grams sweet chilli sauce
- Crumble the paneer mix it with chopped coriander, chopped green chilli, cardamom powder, milk powder and salt .
- Make 4 cylindrical shaped with above mixture stuff it with curd, chopped kismis, chopped green chilli and chopped coriander.
- Make lava ash with dehydrated tomato, salt and degi mirch
- Dip this mixture in charcoal batter and fry
Garnish with Lava ash, Tuli, e
Boo Bash – The Ultimate Halloween Kids Carnival in Gurugram
Want to know what’s in store? From up-close creepy games, to haunted mystery maze, Boo Bash will be packed with Halloween thrills for all the family. You’ll have the chance to make some spooky robots and to see Mad Scientist Ram’s fang-tastic science show, and the fun doesn’t end there! If your kids love creative hands-on play, they’re in for a treat (no tricks!), as the Spooky Halloween event will host various arts and crafts sessions. After all, who wouldn’t want to get messy and make some slime?
Date: Thursday, 31st October 2019
Time: 4:30pm to 7pm
Age Group: 1 to 10 years
Venue: Medhaam Preschool & Daycare, Site No. 19, Road no C-6, Park Drive, DLF Phase 5, Gurugram, Haryana 122011(Opposite Summit Apartments, Near Vita Dairy)
Halloween @ The FunBox
The FunBox Halloween is back on October 31st, 2019. All day play and activity pass for INR 1000/-. Dress up in your costume to win attractive prizes.
DIY Spooky Activities include:
Call 9818990064 for details & registrations.
J-10/24 A, DLF Phase 2, Gurgaon, Haryana 122002
Spook-tastik Halloween at Chanda Mama
Time for some trick or treats at Chanda Mama
Come and enjoy the halloween with us with lots activities for kids! Call now to book ur slots.
Halloween at Cafe Delhi Heights
Wondering how to make the most of the Scariest Festival this year? Get into the ‘spirit’ and have a ghostly good time at Cafe Delhi Heights. Bringing an interesting & out of the box way of enjoying Halloween this year, the cafe is turning into a Witch’s Kitchen & a Dracula’s Bar. With fun and witty games planned your way, aim the ball at the Zombie’s eye to win Freebies this Halloween. We are all set with scary music, spooky theme, satiating grubs & scrumptious drinks.
Perfect your mood and enjoy the Trick or Treat menu with dishes like a warm comforting Blood-Curdling Pumpkin Soup, Scary Hot garlic chicken wings, Thrilling and Chilling Australian lamb chops & the Vampire’s eye, which is a traditional styled red velvet swiss roll. Get high on the vibe with handcrafted Halloween special cocktails like One Night in Haunted Mandalay- a combination of orange juice, ginger & rum, Black magic Cosmopolitan- tweeted with a hint of red wine & Bloody lemon Drop a vodka infused cocktail with lime and strawberry flavor.
Vikrant Batra from Cafe Delhi Heights adds, “The festival has become immensely popular over time & people in the city are looking for new and different ways of celebrating it. This year we have come up with an interesting theme & will be serving an unmatchable Halloween experience to our guests”.
Pranky & Scary Halloween at Prankster
Haunting season is upon us, so get ready to scream of a night at Prank-o-ween 3.0 party. This hot-sexy-spooky party at your favorite place “Prankster” in sector 29 Gurgaon promises you for the most thrilling Halloween event of the Year. Bring in the scariest look and let’s see if you can scare us and snatch free prizes. So, get ready for the ultimate trippy experience that will certainly shake things up this Halloween with themed cocktails, delicious food and deadly music by DJ Deepster.. Inderjeet Banga Says- At Prankster our idea is simple- Prank and scare to the level, which brings the most cherished memories. So, we will be tuning entire Prankster with Halloween props. Wear spooky nails, wear horror mask, bring out the scare. Also we will be having Halloween ritual “trick or treating” for everyone J
On the offering are special cocktails like
- Bloody Whisky Sour (Whisky, Bloody Orange Juice, Angostura, Lime juice, sugar and egg white)
- Brain haemorrhage shots (blue curacao, Bailey’s and vodka)
- Spooky fizz (gin, orange curacao, lime juice, sugar and egg..outside the glass- black fizz)
- Witch Sangria
Date- 31st October 2019, 8pm onwards
Prankster, Sector 29 Gurgaon 9650184747 / 0124-4266653
White Halloween Party at Molecule
“Through the dark & gloomy night with figures dressed in white. Deformed, dead inside. They are coming for you – don’t hide.” With the city going crazy shopping a spooky & scary match for this year’s Halloween Celebration, join us for a night where we raise the dead from their graves at Molecule’s one hell of a party – ‘All White Ghostly Gathering’. In an eerie smoky vibe with cobwebs, bloodstains & white ghosts get ready for devilish sinister treats, high-energy music, haunted spirits & a ghost feast. With women walking in white sarees and candles to faces painted all white with dead brides and mummies, be prepared to step into a world of horror stories, crazy costumes and never-ending Goosebumps. Hop in for Halloween dance performances & double up your spooky score with games like the Red Blood Tub, Hit the Brain and more for the brave souls. With a flair for hosting the most happening events, get ready for Molecule’s Halloween AF party. So pull out your dresses, as the paparazzi cannot wait anymore. Not only this enjoy special Menu of Food and drinks that has offerings like White mask, Devil’s spirit,
Date- 31st Oct 2019
Time- 8 pm onwards-MOLECULE AIR BAR- SECTOR 29 MARKET
Joker in the House at DragonFly
This year let something unique happen to you. Crazy Jokers will haunt you this season, Says Priyank Sukhija the owner at Dragonfly. ‘Experience’ and witness the craziness with all-time favorite Joker in the house! Bringing the spookiness and psyche on board with the master of cards, this Halloween, Dragonfly Experience is going to be LIT on the night of The Killing Joke. Enjoy cocktails like Batsy, Harley, The Clown Prince, The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum, Based on the concept of Manga Mixology, these drinks at Halloween comes with unique components mixture and Presentation, Concludes Priyank.
Dates: Oct 28 to Oct 31 (all day)
Location: Worldmark 1, Aerocity, New Delhi
Number of cocktails: 05
Highlights: High energy craziness, exclusive Manga inspired cocktails, deep house and contemporary music
Reservation Numbers: 7303759996, 7303759995
Plum by Bent Chair
Priyank Sukhija and Natasha Jain Plum by Bentchair has curated special theme Alice in Plumazing Wonderland for this Halloween Season. Priyank Sukhija on the occasion says that From the wondrous interiors to inviting quirkiness, Plum by Bent Chair is hosting the best evening over ‘Frabjous’ Cocktails at Aerocity/Janpath. Get ready to sip and ‘sup with Alice in #Plumazing Wonderland, this Halloween! On the offer are cocktails like Absolem, Alice , Cheshire Cat , Mad Hatters Tea and Queen of Hearts, From wonderland vibes to exclusive cocktails to Pan Asian food, each thing at Plum will entice and excite you.
Dates: Oct 28 to Oct 31 (all day)
Location: The Walk, Worldmark 2, Aerocity | No. 22, Opp to Le Meridien Hotel, Janpath
Number of cocktails: 05
Highlights: Wonderland vibes, exclusive cocktails, Pan Asian food, Unique Halloween event
7303156444, 7303157444 (Aerocity)
Thank you Veta Ratra for helping us curate the offers from the happening pubs & cafes in town