Getting a High Security Number Plate has now become mandatory for all vehicles . Though this ruling was passed in 2012 , it is only now that the police have started challaning vehicles without these number plates .The Haryana Transport Authority had set deadline for 30th September and Delhi Transport Authority has set a deadline of 13th October 2018 for covering all Vehicles already on road to have HSRP Fixed and has even set fine that in event a vehicle plying on road without HSRP Plate.There’s Rs 500 fine or three-month jail for not installing such number plates .
While new vehicles come with these high security registration plates, most of the older vehicles do not have these number plates.
What is a High Security Number Plate
It is a non breakable number plate built on 1 mm Aluminium Sheet that has a chromium based IND Hologram. These number plates are said to to be non- removable and non -reusable due to snap lock. They cannot be removed due to snap lock even when broken and only the RTO can replace same.They are tamper-proof plates and minimise the risk of being stolen.
Here is the process of getting the number plates in Gurgaon
- Log on to https://haryanatransport.gov.in/en
- Click on http://hsrphr.com/onlinepaymenthr/onlinepayment.aspx
- Fill in the required vehicle details and upload the documents as mentioned
- You will get a receipt after you make the payment online that you can take a printout of as a proof that you have applied for the same.
- The government has also set up registration camps for the same in some areas .
For Delhi -Log onto http://www.hsrpdelhi.com/ and follow the above mentioned process
For other States , you need to get in touch with the RTO office
Image Source :TOI