Haldi or turmeric is widely used in our kitchen and has a great medicinal value as well. But once on your clothes, removing turmeric stains from fabric is difficult.
Well, but nothing is impossible for are SuperMoms. Here are some tips
- The best way to treat haldi: soak it in detergent, the stain changes color, dry in strong sun till the stain disappears. Don’t rinse before that.- Suparna Rana Mehta
- Vinegar, washing soda and lemon juice and rub it with a toothbrush-Bhumika Arora
- Try SA8 washing gel enzyme….along with Amway home SA8 prewash spray to remove the stain. I used it and all colours on my clothes after Holi were gone –Asha Ravi
- If it is all white, then use a bleach like Rin Ala –Richa Tripathi Dube
- A dry cleaner can help
- Try white vinegar. Soak a paper towel in vinegar and blot at the stain to remove it.
- Rub the area with lemon and then dry in the sun until the stain fades. Then, wash it in a normal washing cycle. This process needs to be repeated in removing stains from fabric.
- Rub glycerine on the stained area. Allow it to set for about an hour, and then wash in a normal cycle.
- The stained portion of the fabric should be rubbed with hydrogen peroxide. Wash this off well after some time.
(only for white garments)