Please find below 2 recipes which are my all time favorites as they are excellent to taste and easy and quick to cook as well.
*Wheat Pasta cooked with burnt garlic*
- Garlic, sliced thinly
- 10-15 cloves
- Whole wheat penne pasta
- 200 grams
- Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons
- Green capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 tomatoes
- to taste
- Crushed red chillies
- 1 teaspoon
- Dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon
- Broccoli, blanched
- 5-6 florets
- Boil plenty of water in a deep pan and cook pasta in it till al dante.
- Drain and refresh. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and sauté till golden.
- Add green capsicum and sauté. Add cherry tomatoes and continue to sauté.
- Press the tomatoes with the back of the stirring spoon so that they release
- some juices. Add salt, crushed red chillies and dry mixed herbs and stir.
- Drain the pasta and add to the wok. Add broccoli and mix. Serve hot
*Macaroni in white sauce and cheese*
- Macaroni 300 grams
- Processed cheese, Grated
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoons Refined flour (maida)
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2 cups Salt to taste
- White pepper powder to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Boil macaroni in sufficient water till al dente.
- Drain and refresh under running water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add maida and sauté lightly, taking care that it does not change color.
- Add milk, gradually, stirring continuously so that there are no lumps formed. Add grated cheese and keep stirring.
- After adding cheese the sauce will thicken further, so add more milk to adjust the consistency.
- Add salt, white pepper powder and mix.
- Heat some butter in another pan.
- Add macaroni.
- Toss. Strain the sauce into this pan and mix gently. Add some more cheese.
- At this stage if you want to bake you can do so till the cheese at the top becomes a light golden.
- Or serve it just like that.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.