Pineapple Chicken with Veeba Sriracha chilli sauce
Total cooking time-less than 30 minutes
This pineapple chicken recipe is quick and easy and also delicious and filling
- ½ cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps Veeba Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (avoid if you are using canned/tinned pineapple)
- 1tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cubed chicken breasts/or cut chicken thighs
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- A handful of roasted cashews/walnuts
- Roasted white Sesame seeds for garnishing
- Add olive oil to a nonstick pan. Keep the flame to medium-high.
- Add crushed garlic and grated ginger.
- Sauté it till it turns golden brown.
- Now, add the chicken and season it with salt to taste and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for about 5-6 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid and then continue to cook by stirring it often till it is golden brown and it is all dried up.
- Add Veeba Sriracha chilli sauce to the chicken and sauté it for another minute or till the sauce combines well with the chicken.
- Now, transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- In the same pan add another spoon of olive oil.
- To the oil, add the pineapple and sauté it till is all caramelized and turns golden brown. You can season it with some salt and lemon juice.
- Transfer the pineapple to another bowl.
- Mix Pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch.
- Take another spoon of olive oil in the same pan and now add the pineapple juice mixture to it. Stir it well and in a minute or so the mixture will start to get thicken.
- Add the chicken at this stage. Mix it all well. It’s done.
- Add the caramelized pineapple cubes to it. Another good mix.
- Garnish with roasted cashews/walnuts and sesame seeds.
Serve the pineapple chicken with sticky rice. Goes really well with sticky rice.
Please note: I will be trying a new dish with another variety of Veeba Sauce very soon.You may also like to read