- Welcome Little One, by Sandra Magsamen – For parents, the arrival of a newborn child is an event that offers the promise of never-ending love. Filled with lively illustrations and heartfelt rhyming text, Welcome Little One allows parents and children to celebrate and cherish their bond.
- Welcome To The World Book By Lucy Tapper & Steve Wilson – Welcome To The World is a delightful book celebrating the arrival of a new baby. The story follows a charming little elephant, on a colourful journey, discovering all the wonders the world has to offer. Beautifully illustrated in full colour this book is hardback with cheerful endpapers. With space for you to write a personal message in front of this book, it is a wonderful keepsake and makes the perfect gift for baby showers and newborn presents.
- On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman – On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered.”Life will never be the same.” On the night you were born, the whole world came alive with thanksgiving. The moon stayed up till morning. The geese flew home to celebrate. Polar bears danced. On the night you were born you brought wonder and magic to the world. Here is a book that celebrates you. It is meant to be carried wherever life takes you, over all the roads, through all the years. This debut picture book by Nancy Tillman has touched the hearts of readers of all ages, from the youngest readers to new mothers, to grandparents. A New York Times and Publishers Weekly bestselling book, On the Night You Were Born is sure to be a beloved addition to family libraries.
- ’Look, Look!’ by Peter Linenthal – Look, look! Children run, fish swim, stars shine . . . all for baby’s eyes to see. This sturdy board book, full of high-contrast black-and-white cut-paper art perfect for staring at, is just the thing for the eyes of the youngest babies. A few words in curving red type on each spread describe the scenes — a car races, a cat stretches, flowers bloom– and extend the book’s age appeal so that it will be fascinating to older babies, too. Striking and stylish, Look Look! is the ideal first board book for babies just beginning to look and learn. Peter Linenthal is an illustrator who has taught art in elementary schools for twenty years. This book can be read to children until they are four years old.
- ‘Time for Bed’ by Mem Fox – Darkness is falling everywhere and little ones are getting sleepy, feeling cozy, and being tucked in. It’s time for a wide yawn, a big hug, and a snuggle under the covers—sleep tight! “Working beautifully with the soothingly repetitive text, each painting conveys a warm feeling of safety and affection.” —School Library Journal
- ’Where Is Baby’s Belly Button?’ by Karen Katz – Karen Katz’s adorable babies play peekaboo in this delightful interactive book. The sturdy format and easy-to-lift flaps are perfect for parents and children to share. This book can be read to babies and toddlers.
There are many more options available in book stores and online. Chose a book that is simple and has bright and colourful illustrations. You can also get waterproof books that your baby can be read during bath time