1. Need for Universal New Born Screening in India In India, an estimated 27 million babies are born every year. Various studies across the world indicate that one in every 2000 babies born has a genetic disorder at birth. In India, population studies carried out by a number of leading national centers indicate the incidence to be higher in the range of 1 for every 1500 births. Diseases like Congenital hypothyroidism, Congenital adrenal hyperplasia, Glucose 6- phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, Phenylketonuria, to name a few, are treatable if diagnosed early at birth and the lifelong damage and disability ranging from...Read More
Introduction In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a blessing for many couples who cannot conceive through natural conception. The reasons IVF is done include – poor sperm quality and/or quantity, obstructions between the egg and sperm, ovulation problems, and sperm-egg interaction problems. These problems can prevent couples having a baby naturally, and IVF helps to solve this. Experts believe that lifestyle changes, poor dietary habits, stress, pollution and harmful radiations are the major reason behind the rising incidence of infertility. Studies indicate that 6% of men aged between 15-44 years are infertile or their fertility is significantly compromised1 and around...Read More
This article is excerpted from the handbook 'Active Spine', which will be released soon by the Publishing House: www.Landie.pl. Theory Pregnancy is a new challenge for woman’s body. Loads of biomechanical changes occur: a growing midriff shifts the centre of gravity and greater weight causes stress on joints and intervertebral discs. These are physiological changes and a healthy active back handles them well. If you did not have back problems before pregnancy, it is likely you would avoid them while pregnant, provided that your spine is properly “serviced” (taken care of). Namely, how should you take care of your spine? If you are physically active, the first two trimesters of pregnancy are absolutely not a contraindication to continue this activity, you should just exclude jogging and sports which require a lot of jumping. An active spine is the one controlled by muscles, and they are also worth looking after. Exercise and physical activity are the best remedy for pain relief and well-being. They increase blood circulation and improve the supply of oxygen, which is also very important for your unborn child. If your physical activity before pregnancy was limited to driving and sitting behind your office desk, then you should sign up for training carried out by a specialist, to prepare for the birth and the last trimester of pregnancy. Exercises should be properly tailored to your capabilities. The...Read More
- All are born creative, but not all continue to believe in their creativity!
- Poker and Parenting -An Interview with Our Community Member Rupal M Bansal
- The Challenges of a Cleanliness-Freak Mom in Gurugram
- A GurgaonMoms Success Story – 2017 Mom Achievers Summit’s Elevator Pitch Contest Winners, Slurrp Farm is Now in 200 Stores in Gurgaon!
- Small Lives, Big Lives