Men Who Cook Series 2
Here is the recipe video for ‘Egg roll with a twist ‘ by our member Mili Saha ‘s husband Satyajit Saha
Satyajit Saha lives with his wife Mili, and two kids in Gurgaon.He is Vice President with a leading MNC that is into Research and Analytics and Data management in Gurgaon. When he gets time he enjoys travelling and nature. He loves cooking exotic dishes and feeding his loved ones , when the weather permits.
Egg Roll with a Twist
- Tomato – Chopped
- Onion – Chopped
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Coriander leaves / Parsley
- Pizza seasoning
- Chili Flaks
- Salt – to taste
- Parathas Cooked / Tortillas
- To prepare the topping, heat a pan, add oil.
- Add onions, garlic, capsicum and cook well.
- Once the onions are cooked well add the chopped tomatoes and allow it to cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Add some salt and pizza seasoning to taste. Add tomato ketchup for sweetness. Mix well and allow it to cook. Switch off at the desired consistency.
- In the meantime, in a separate pan heat olive oil to caramelize the mushrooms and onions.
- First add the mushrooms to warm oil and allow it to rest in it until the mushrooms start browning. Then keep the mushrooms aside and fry the finely sliced onions and allow it to caramelize.
- To prepare the egg coating, break open the eggs to a bowl. Now mix some finely chopped garlic, coriander, chilli flakes and salt. And beat the eggs well until all the ingredients are blended well with the egg.
- Now in a heated pan. Add some oil. Then pour some of the beaten egg. Top the cooking egg with caramelized mushrooms and onions, sun dried tomatoes and olives.[Watch Video for understanding of layering]
- To the cooked parathas or tortillas top with the prepared tomato based sauce and carefully place it on top of the cooking egg. Give a gentle press and let it cook for a minute. This will allow the parathas to stick to the egg base. .[Watch Video for understanding of layering]
- Now after a minute, take the prepared preparation off the stove, place on a plate and top it with seasoning.
- Roll the preparation to enjoy your Egg Roll with a Twist.