My mom was great! She always encouraged us to try anything we were remotely good at. There was never any disparity between sons and daughters. I remember her hand-written notes with quotes and inspiring words so well. In fact, a book I often refer to by Louise L Hay called” You can heal your life” (a bestselling novel) has many life affirmations. I remember printing out the phrase” I love & approve of myself” and pasting them all over! This phrase has a great vibe to it.
The latest video by HP brought back some fond memories because when disappointment comes to the forefront, a mom is that one person who can bring back the spirit and positivity. See for yourself ?
In today’s day and age, moms have access to all sorts of creative tools. We can design and print almost anything that our mind conceives to build our child’s skill, personality and imbibe an optimistic vibe in their day to day. Taking inspiration from the video, here are top 5 tips that have helped me motivate my kids to be kind and do better every day:
- Visual reminders of positivity are awesome! Quotes are a great source of stimulation. These repeated visual reminders especially when printed and put up around the kid’s room like we saw in the video truly help reaffirm a child that failure is indeed a stepping stone to success.
- Acknowledging achievements, big or small are a great way to keep children’s morale high. A simple “let’s go for some ice cream today to celebrate” goes a long way.
- Let them handle the pressure their way and be the force to push and encourage them to confidently follow their own path.
- Always get them to see the brighter side of things. It’s always easy to give them examples of what not to do but the best thing is to give them examples of people, things, situations that bring about change positively, not what their friends did wrong that they shouldn’t do.
- Encourage them to read every day: even if it’s two chapters a day. Reading books, articles, biographies etc. are great ways to keep their imagination alive. Inspiring stories give them confidence and encouragement to take a step forward towards their goals and dreams.
Simple steps imbibed in your everyday routine can not only bring productive changes to our kids and help them spread their vibe further too. What do you think? If you have some ideas that you think can help spread the vibe, write to us.
This article is in association with HP India
You may also like to read
[crp limit=”4″ heading=”0″]