In the daily grind of life, in the race to meet milestones (deadlines, preparation for exams, events, etc.), we forget to take a step back and wonder about Life. Arianna Huffington, one of the most influential persons, found herself collapsing one day at work. This forced her to step back and evaluate what success means for her. In her book, Thrive, a best seller, she talks about the pillars of success.
Generally, we are aware of money and power as the 2 metrics that define success. Arianna has come up with a third metric of success that consists of 4 pillars: well-being, wisdom, wonder, and giving.
4 pillars of success with 3 steps each
- Meditation/Prayer/Quiet Time and Setting your intention for the day
- Let go – Resentments, negative self-talk, etc.
- Digital detox e.g. Bedroom as device free zone
- Wonder – Enjoy the mystery of life
- Focus on your breath
- Pick an image that ignites joy in you
- Forgive yourself, let go, and forgive others
- Giving – Celebrate go-givers not just go-getters
- Make small gestures of kindness
- Make a personal connection
- Help someone
“Live life as though everything is rigged in your favour.” – Arianna Huffington
Her advice to us is to stop worrying and know thyself.
Small reminders that can have a big impact in our lives. That is what this entire podcast with Vishen Lakhiani and Arianna Huffington felt like.
Hear the full podcast here – https://podcast.mindvalley.com/arianna-huffington-pillars-wellbeing/
I am truly grateful that you stopped by to grow with me. Thank you. Have a great day.
This has been first published on my blog –Vijaya Gowrisankar’s Realm