DRIVING LICENCE….in GURGAON
IMPORTANT to NOTE…..
Carry 3 Address PROOFS (IF you don’t have 3 in your name then you can attach your husband’s too…take extra copies in case you meet someone fussy)
Getting it Shifted from another City was more complicated and Time consuming. NOC’s are a problem.
Fees can change, Carry Extra.
The Counters and their locations may change but are always in nearby rooms.
Refresh Your ROAD Signs/Regulations Info before the driving Test !
Procedure to get a driving licence made in Gurgaon:
1. Carry along: A pen, Glue, Stapler, Two passport-size photographs, Proof of date of birth such as passport, High School or 10+2 certificate, Address proof such as passport, telephone bill, ration card, election ID card.
2. Visit the E-Disha Center( A Big AC hall) at the Ground Floor of Mini Secretariat building (next to District Court) which is located near Rajiv Chowk Roundabout just off the NH8 on the right hand side if one is coming from Delhi to Jaipur side. Take the First or Second Left and the Building is few metres away…..Both roads take you to the Front and Back entrances of the building respectively.
3. Fetch forms 1 & 2 from 1st counter at E-Disha. Fill these forms and paste your photos. Attach the address and date of birth proofs.
4. Go to the doctor sitting at one of the counters in another HALL for the medical checkup and pay the fee of Rs. 150 for the same, get a receipt and attach the same with the documents.(Just a formality at least for the ladies)
5. Queue up to submit the documents to the licence clerk in the BIG AC Hall who will go through the forms and documents and sign the same after getting satisfied with the documents attached and information filled in the forms.
6. Then go to next counter for depositing the fee of Rs. 110 for licence processing etc.
7. Get your photo clicked at the next counter and deposit all the forms and documents back to the licence clerk who will issue a counter slip confirming that you have applied for driving licence (learner).
8. You can collect your learner licence in one week time from the same licence clerk by producing the counter slip.
Note: This learner licence is valid for six months. However, the applicant can apply for converting the same into confirm driving licence in one month time and the following forms and documents would be required: TOTAL FEE: Rs. 500
1. Visit the E-Disha Center fetch Form No. 4 from a counter, fill the same and past your photograph on it.
2. Attach the original learner licence and also the DOB and address proofs again with the forms and Get the bunch signed by the licence clerk.
3. Deposit an amount of Rs. 500 at the fee counter in the same hall.
4. Visit the third floor in the same at the office of District Inspector who will issue a date for the driving test.
5. After you are through with the test, get the approval attached to the form and deposit the same with the licence clerk at E-Disha where the confirm licence would be ready within a week time.
Renewal of Licence after the expiry of validity: Total fee : Rs. 410
1. Carry along: A pen, original driving licence, two passport sized photographs, proof of date of birth such as passport, High School or 10+2 certificate, address proof such as passport, telephone bill, ration card, election ID card.
2. Visit the E-Disha Center and fetch form no. 1 & 9 from one of the counter. Fill these forms and paste your photos. Attach the address and date of birth proofs.
3. After getting the forms verified with the licence clerk deposit the fee and get the medical done at other counter. Deposit the forms and documents with the clerk again.
No driving test required and it takes about 7-10 days to get your new licence.