Vaastu means "house" and vaastu shastra aims to establish a harmony between the five basic elements viz Earth, Sky, Fire, Water and Air. Following this ancient architectural science, I will now give you a few tips on how to create congenial settings for the Childrens’ Room.
A woman plays so many roles in her life but the most important role she plays is of a Mother. She plays this role with full affection, care and soul effortlessly. For every mother, her child’s safety and wellbeing is most important. The first step to make sure that child gets safe and secure place at home is to make their room kid friendly. It just gets better when we start applying some Vaastu techniques too. A few tips:
- The apt direction for constructing children’s room is west. Apart from that, west, northwest, northeast and southeast directions can also be used for constructing kids’ room. Totally avoid the southwest direction
- In a kid’s room, the bed can be placed in the southwest corner. Place the bed in such a way that your child has his/ her head facing the east or south direction, while sleeping
- As a part of Vaastu guidelines for children room, it is recommended to avoid placing the mirror on the opposite side of the bed
- If you want to keep furniture items in a children’s room, keep them a few inches away from the wall. Don’t have the furniture attached to the wall, as it obstructs the flow of positive energy
- The study desk should be placed in such a manner that the child faces east, north or northeast corner while studying. East is the most appropriate direction, as it helps to enhance concentration
- Sharp edges and pointing nooks comprise of something that is better avoided in children’s room
- The almirahs and cabinets should always be located in south or west direction of the room
- Up-lighters, when placed in the southeast corner of children’s room, help promote health and generate positive energy
- Green color proves the best for kids’ room, as it is associated with freshness and peace and increases brain power as well.