“ Life happens .. cookies make it simple “ !!
Who doesn’t like cookies ! From kids to dadi-nani.. cookies can make everyone smile when you eat them !
My kids love them and so does my father-in-law!
And it’s a joy to bake them at home ! The wonderful smell of butter that wafts from the kitchen is irresistible! You agree !!
Well, baking cookies is no rocket science actually! Just remember simple things while baking –
all the ingredients should be at room temperature which means butter , milk everything at room temp.
Always preheat the oven before baking .
Chill the dough for some time in fridge before baking to hold the shape of cookies.
Here I am sharing a very simple peanut butter cookie recipe – it’s nutty, salty and sweet at the same time .
I used Veeba’s peanut butter for the first time but it was just perfect for these cookies!
Let’s get started with the recipe –
- Butter – 1/2 cup- softened ( I used Amul butter 100gm)
- Castor sugar – 1/3 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- Maida- 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat flour- 3/4 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2tsp
- Baking powder-1/4 tsp
- Peanut butter – 1/2 cup
- Salted peanuts – 1/4 cup ( coarsely crushed)
- In a bowl, beat together butter , brown and castor sugar nicely for about 5 mins . ( you can use electric beater or a whisk)
- Add in the peanut butter and mix nicely.
- In another bowl , sieve together maida and whole wheat flour along with baking powder and baking soda .
- Mix this with the peanut butter and sugar mixture . The mixture will be crumbly and dry .
- Add the milk and mix the dough to gather it nicely.
- Add in the crushed peanuts .
- Keep the dough in fridge for at least 1 hr.
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Make small scoops of the dough. I use my 1 tbsp as a measure to get equal size scoops.
- Make rounds of the dough and flatten them with a fork making a criss cross pattern on the cookies
- Sprinkle some peanuts on top
- Bake them for 10-15 mins until you see the edges are golden brown .
- Don’t worry if the cookies are still soft
- Take them out of the oven and leave on the baking tray for 6-10 mins. They will become firm.
You may also like to read
[crp limit=”4″ heading=”0″]
Best Ballons around here !