Getting a High-Security Number Plate has now become mandatory for all vehicles. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has made a High-Security Registration Plate (HSRP) compulsory for all the vehicles that have been sold before April 2019. The Delhi Government has started imposing fines on vehicles without HSRP and color-coded fuel stickers from December 15. Violators can be e fined up to Rs 10,000, which is compoundable to Rs 5,500 under the amended MV Act. The other states are yet to impose fines but will start soon. While new vehicles come with these high-security registration plates, most of the older vehicles do not have these number plates.
Though this ruling was passed in 2012, it is only now that the police have started challenging vehicles without these number plates. The Haryana Transport Authority had earlier s set a deadline of 13th October 2018 for covering all Vehicles already on road to have HSRP Fixed and has even set a fine that in the event a vehicle plying on road without HSRP Plate. Though they are yet to start the drive again.
What is a High-Security Number Plate
It is a nonbreakable number plate built on a 1 mm Aluminium Sheet that has a chromium-based IND Hologram. These number plates are said to be non-removable and non -reusable due to snap lock. They cannot be removed due to snap-lock even when broken and only the RTO can replace the same. They are tamper-proof plates and minimise the risk of being stolen.
Here is the process of getting the HSRP number plates in Gurgaon
- Log on to https://haryanatransport.gov.in/en
- Click on http://hsrphr.com/onlinepaymenthr/onlinepayment.aspx
- Fill in the required vehicle details and upload the documents as mentioned,Vehicle’s RC (registration certificate) for details like registration number, registration date, chassis number, and the engine number
- You will get a receipt after you make the payment online that you can take a printout of as proof that you have applied for the same.
- The government has also set up registration camps for the same in some areas.
For Delhi, UP& HP -Log onto https://www.bookmyhsrp.com/ and follow the above-mentioned process
For other States, you need to get in touch with the RTO office
Image Source :TOI