Kesar – Pista Lassi
- Serves 2
- 3-4 saffron strands
- 2 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 1.5 cup fresh yoghurt
- 2 teaspoon jaggery
- Dry roast saffron strands for 10 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoonful of milk, mix gently and then set aside for about fifteen minutes.
- Combine ingredients and blend in a mixer.
- Serve immediately.
Banana and Oats Pancakes
- 1 banana , mashed
- 1 cup oats, roasted and blended
- 1?2 cup buttermilk ( 1.5 cups if you are not using eggs)
- 2 eggs ( optional)
- 1?2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 1?4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Take the mashed banana in a large bowl and add eggs.
- Now add buttermilk, honey and vanilla.Combine well.
- Then mix in the blended oats, baking powder ( or soda), cinnamon and salt.
- Heat the non-stick pan. Grease it with butter.
- Pour a ladle ( 1?4 cup) of batter on the pan. Flip
- When you see bubbles on the circumference and cook the other side for 30-40 seconds.
- Serve with honey.
Ginger- Turmeric Carrot Cooler
- 1?2 inch ginger
- 1?4 inch fresh turmeric or 1 tsp powdered turmeric
- 4 celery stalks
- 3 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- A pinch black pepper
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Juice vegetables in this order- Turmeric, celery, carrots, lemon, cucumber, ginger, turmeric.
- Stir and serve with a pinch of black pepper.
Cashew & Oat Bliss Balls
- 500g raw and unsalted cashews
- 500g of oats
- 4 tbsp of tahini
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 100g of shredded coconut
- 200g of desiccated coconut
- Small amount of water to create a rolling texture
- Blitz the cashews and the oats in a food processor
- Add the shredded coconut, tahini and lemon juice and continue to blitz the mixture
- Slowly add a small amount of water till the mixture becomes paste like
- Roll the mixture into small bowls and roll the outer layer in the desiccated coconut
- Store in the fridge or freezer
Immunity booster monsoon tea
- 2 orange slices with rind
- 1 lemon slices
- 1?2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- A pinch cinnamon powder *
- 250 ml hot water
- 1 teaspoon honey
Method Pour the ingredients in a cup and add water. Sip hot. Omit if you have an allergy to cinnamon
- 1 cup soaked dalia
- 1 cup paneer cubes
- 2 deseeded tomato
- 1 cup capsicum mix
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Lemon -1?2
- Rock salt, black pepper- as per taste
- Soak dalia for 45 mins and drain.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add finely chopped mint, coriander, salt, lemon, black pepper powder.
Swati Bathwal Accredited Practicing Dietitian, Accredited Sports Dietitian, Nutritionist, Certified Diabetes Educator, an Accredited Anthropometrist
Some more snack ideas for active kids
Recipes Images Source : Google Feature Image :Pixbay