Keema Pav ((Mumbai Street Style)
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- Minced Mutton (Goat Meat) – ½ kg
- Onions – 2 chopped
- Tomatoes – 4 Puréed
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - ½ tsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Garlic – 1tsp minced
- Ginger – 1 tsp minced
- Green Cardamoms – 4
- Cinnamon – 1” piece
- Cloves – 6
- Nutmeg – ½
- Mace – 1
- Tomato Purée – 2 tbsp
- Pao/Pav Buns – 4
- Coriander leaves
- Butter - To taste.
- Add some oil to a heated pan
- When the oil is warm enough add cinnamon, cloves and add 2 cardamoms and reserve rest to be use later
- Add the onions, ginger & garlic once you get the nice aroma of the spices
- Sauté well and cook the onions until they become light brown in colour
- Meanwhile Purée the tomatoes in a mixer.
- Add the tomato Purée when the onions change colour
- Mix well and cook for a while.
- Now add the dry spices – coriander powder, chilli powder ,Garam Masala and salt
- Stir well, until you get the desired consistency.
- Lower the stove flame and add the Keema. Stir until the Keema combines well with the paste
- Add the whole spices –Mace, green cardamoms (only the seeds)
- Crush the nutmeg fresh and add to the meat.
- Lower the flame, cover and cook the meat. Stir occasionally in between
- Check if the meat is cooked well.
- Once the meat is cooked, add some chopped coriander leaves and reserve some of it for garnish. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato Purée and mix well.
- Now the Keema is done and set it off the stove.
- Heat the griddle.
- Slice the Pav in the middle. And apply some butter or olive oil onto the Pav.
- Place the Pav on the hot griddle and toast it well.
- Garnish the Keema with chopped coriander and finely chopped onions just before serving. Serve along with the Pav.
Vaishalee Luthra Jolly :Vaishalee Luthra Jolly is a self styled chef who loves experimenting with food.She is a Micro-Biology and Chemistry graduate from Mumbai University. She has travelled widely and loves trying out local cuisines everywhere she goes. She launched her own food channel called Vaishalee’s Tips and Treats on YouTube in December 2015 and has shared over 70 recipes.