Quick & Easy Recipes by Vaishalee: Seviyan Kheer
GurgaonMoms brings to you anther recipe series.
Vaishalee Luthra Jolly is a self styled chef who loves experimenting with food.She is a Micro-Biology and Chemistry graduate from Mumbai University. She has travelled widely and loves trying out local cuisines everywhere she goes. She launched her own food channel called Vaishalee’s Tips and Treats on YouTube in December 2015 and has shared over 70 recipes. Here she’s showing us how to make delicious Seviyan Kheer .
Seviyan Kheer ( Vermicelli Kheer)
- Milk – 1.5 litre
- Seviyan (Thin) Roasted – 100 g
- Sugar 75 g (or according to taste)
- Milk Powder – 4 tbsp
- Green Cardamom – 6-7 nos
- Saffron Strands – 10-12
- Raisins – 15 to 20
- Almonds – 4 tbsp
- Pistachio & Cashew – Optional
- Soak the almonds for few hours.
- Soak the saffron in 2 to 3 tsps of milk.
- Break open the cardamom outer skin and remove the seed. Pound the seed well to a powder.
- Heat up 1200 ml of milk in a thick bottomed pan until it becomes warm. Reserve the rest of the milk.
- Add the roasted Seviyan to the milk.
- Mix well until it combines with the milk.
- When the milk comes to boil, simmer and constantly keep stirring the mixture else it tends to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile blanch the soaked almonds.
- Add the milk powder to the reserved milk. Mix well to avoid lumps.
- When the Seviyan is cooked , add the dissolved milk powder to make the preparation creamier.
- Stir well, until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Add the powdered cardamom, raisins and stir it well.
- Now add the saffron milk.
- Add sugar according to taste; stir well until the sugar dissolves completely.
- The delicious seviyan kheer is ready. Switch off the stove and garnish with blanched sliced almonds, cashews and pistachios.