Most parents struggle a lot when they are making tiffin for their school going children. They want their children to eat healthy and happily. Priyanka Talreja has shared some really colourful, tasty and healthy recipes that your child will absolutely love to eat.
Beetroot and Spinach Cheese Roll Ups
- Handful of spinach leaves blanched
- 1 beetroot boiled
- Cheese cube
- (The tortillas are homemade from scratch) blanched and pureed the veggies at night. Alongwith watermelon stars ? and melon hearts
- Boil and puree beetroot. Add some salt and pepper to the puree,knead the dough with the puree just how we knead a regular roti dough.
- Blanch spinach leaves,cool and puree in the mixer with a few cloves of garlic and some salt. knead the dough with the puree just how we knead a regular roti dough.
- Now roll out a thin and a slightly bigger chapati using the above kneaded dough. Lightly seko it on both sides using ghee. Dont crisp it up,we wsnt it to be soft.
- Remove on a plate,grate amul cheese and put some seasoning. Fold in slightly from left and right,thrn just roll it tightly so that the cheese melts. Cut into roundels and serve.
- Repeat the process with the other dough.
- You can put some spread,ketchup,jam ,mustard,absolutely anything
Spinach Corn and Cheese Rice
Extra virgin olive oil
A handful of spinach leaves
1 cup boiled rice
1 cube grated cheese
Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp evoo in a wok
Add chopped garlic and stir fry for a minute.
Now add thinly sliced spinach and salt, stir fry on full flame.
Once the water from the spinach has dried,add boiled corn,mix well.
Add Oregano seasoning and black pepper.
Add boiled rice. Mix well
Finish with lots of grated cheese,cover with a lid and let it rest for 5 min and it makes for a yummy tiffin.
Potato and Corn Cheese balls
These are made in an appe pan
Ingredients (for 13-15 appes)
2 boiled potatoes
1/2cup boiled corn ground in the mixer
2 slices of bread again ground in the mixer
1 tsp oregano seasoning
2 cubes Amul cheese-grated
Mix all the ingredients and let it come together as a dough
Make small balls and fry them in an appe pan in butter
Keep turning so that they cook evenly on all sides
Let it cool and then pack in the tiffin
( substitute for egg can be paneer cubes)
2 boiled eggs
Crushed pepper and salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
Adjust consistency using a few spoons of milk and spread in a sandwich.
Ready made Idli batter
Make mini idlis
In a pan take some ghee
Crackle , urad dal and chana dal,mustard seeds and curry leaves
Then add haldi , salt and sprinkle water and mix
Put the idlis and toss
Turn off the flame , and squeeze some lemon juice
1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, beans and boiled corn)
4 slices of bread( sides removed)
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp butter
Grated Amul cheese
In a pan,heat some butter,add chopped garlic,saute for a minute
Add all the veggies,salt,pepper and saute on high flame
Let it cool
Mix in grated cheese
Spread out some aluminium foil
Place 2 slices of bread and join them vertically with the help of some water to seal the edges
Now spread some butter and evenly spread the vegetable cheese mixture and now start rolling it tightly with the help of the foil like a sushi roll.
Now just let it sit for 2-3 minutes,remove the foil and cut the roll into pinwheels using a sharp knife
You can try different combinations and make it a very interesting dish for kids.
These recipes are by Priyanka Talreja