We all love to enjoy the vibrant and colourful festival of Holi but definitely not at the cost of damaging our skin. Traditionally Holi used to be played with flowers and natural colours but sadly today it’s all about synthetic chemicals.These chemicals not only leave our skin with irritation, rashes and dullness,but can also be harmful for our health.
Following are a few tips & precautions to help you protect your skin and hair from damage during this festival.
PRE HOLI TIPS:
- Avoid any salon or skin treatments 3 days before and 3 days post holi.
Give your skin enough time to normalise and recover.
- Apply thick layer of vaseline or olive oil all over the body especially the face, your nails and hair. Do not miss the ears as well as upper eyelids as we tend to ignore them most often.
- Apply a coat of a good sunscreen(spf 50) on top before leaving your
house since holi colours make the skin extra sensitive to the sun’s
- Don’t ignore the lips. Cover it with an SPF lip balm.
- Wear long sleeves and full pants to minimize exposure to colours as
well as harmful rays of the sun.
- Avoid wearing synthetic clothes and wear cotton or other such
breathable clothing as much as possible
- Avoid standing in the sun for too long with colours on.
- Drink lots of water and keep yourself well hydrated before and after
- Play with organic colours as much as possible!
POST HOLI TIPS:
- Use a gentle face wash for washing your face. Apply it and lather for 30 seconds before you wash it. Next, you use a cotton ball dipped in
coconut oil and apply it on your face. Leave it for few minutes and then wash with the face wash.
- Do not try to remove the colour from the skin by rubbing too vigorously as it damages the skin’s protective layers. U can use a cleansing milk and lukewarm water to help in removing hard colours.
- You can try some natural home-made packs post holi to help your skin
such as curd mixed with honey, mashed papaya with olive oil etc.
- Avoid heavy make up post playing holi on the same day.
- In case you develop any kind of rashes, irritation or break outs, it is
best to visit a skin specialist than trying to treat it on your own. You
may do more damage than good in the process and make it worse. Let
the expert analyze your skin condition and suggest an appropriate
treatment to control the situation.
Wishing you all a Happy, colourful and skin-safe holi!
Feature Image by Murtaza Ali from Pixabay
You may also like to read
[crp limit=”4″ heading=”0″]
I want the whole world to know Doctor Odunga for he is the best person for you to meet when you need help such as getting your long lost lover back, infertility problems, herpes, Parkinson’s disease ETC. I am Shanika Stewart from Alabama, USA. I understand that you might be slow to comprehend what this is all about but this man is really that great. I emailed [email protected] com This spell caster brought my ex boyfriend back to me during the month of Feb 2019. Robert have left me for over 2 years and when he came back, he had genital herpes. I didn’t know. We had sex and I contacted it in my private part which affected me and embarrassed me in public places. I contacted this man the second time to help me cure this problem and he sent me herbal medication and up till now, my private part is cleared and also that of my boyfriend, Robert. Presently, I am in a happy relationship pregnant for my partner and this is all thanks to this Dr. Odunga for his marvelous help me has rendered to me. You too can be happy in your relationship with the help of this man. I trust him fully. His email is [email protected] com