Vazhaipoo, cleaned, chopped 1 cup
Channa Dal ¾ cup
Urad Dal 2 tbsp
Green or Red chilli 4 – 5
Fennel seeds or jeera 1 tsp
Onions chopped ¼ cup
Asafoetida As needed
Coriander & curry leaves,
Salt As needed
Oil For deep frying
- Soak dals for 2 hours. In blender, grind chilli, jeera/fennel first and then add the dal, completely drained from water and grind coarsely.
- Then add the chopped vazhaipoo and grind to your desired consistency.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the chopped onion, salt, asafoetida, coriander& curry leaves. Mix well.
- Heat oil in kadai and make medium sized patties/vadai in your palm. Grease your hands with water.
- Fry both sides until golden and crisp
- Drain to paper towel and enjoy hot. Its very flavorful even when it cools down
- Now enjoy the tasty vadais with chutney of your choice
Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Cheers