The last week of February and the first week of March, I just feel like a spoilt kid with everyone trying to get my attention 🙂
Brands vying against each other, trying too hard to make us cry, with their tear jerker commercials. Restaurants, salons & pubs throwing away irresistible deals. Speeches and articles extolling women achievers & talking about women empowerment [This is much needed though!]
Some of us ask, why celebrate Women’s Day ? I would say , let this day be a reminder that we as a society, still have unfinished work.. and we shall work relentlessly till there comes a day, when celebrating Women’s Day becomes ‘not required’.
What does a Woman of 2018 have to be ?
It means I will be a ‘Warrior of Change‘. We may be one of the few lucky ones where gender equality is a reality at home [or maybe not! ]. But look around you , there still exists oppression, exploitation and discrimination against women. It is upto each one of us to make a change in the small spaces that we can. Talk about it, empower your kids, empower your helps and ensure you are making a change because YOU ARE THE WARRIOR OF CHANGE.
Any warrior means discipline. What are some of the attributes each one of us must wear to bring about this change
- Be a Trailblazer : Ensure your voice is heard. Stand tall and speak loud
- Be Firm : Stand against the sexist forwards in the guise of jokes & fun content. Unfortunately not many people realise the sexist innuendos hidden inside such messages. We have been conditioned to think in a way. So let us change that.
- Be ready to work hard : This is not going to be an easy journey. To bring about a change and to change mindsets, sustained efforts and hard work is required. We owe that to ourselves and the future generations.
- Learn to let go : Learn to delegate, share responsibilities and find more time for oneself
- Have Personal Finances sorted
In this context, my friend Upasana shared this ad campaign giving out a clear call to #Uncelebrate. Isnt this the mood today? Do you agree ?