Now that schools are reopening , what to pack for kids tiffin can be a pretty challenging task as young kids can be fussy eaters .
Few things that parents should keep in mind while packing your kids tiffin are
- The food should be healthy & delicious
- The tiffin should have something that your kid loves
- It should be attractive and colourful
- Include recipes that are quick to make or can be partly prepared the previous evening to avoid the morning rush
We bring to you 5 Kids Tiffin recipes that are are colorful , look attractive , are tasty and easy to make
- Chicken ( with bone /boneless)
- Potatoes -4
- Bay leaf
- Mayonnaise or Cream
- Pressure cook chicken on the bone with some water ,black peppercorn ,bay leaf and garlic(2-3 whistles)
- Switch off the flame.
- De-bone chicken and let it cool.
- Take about 3-4 tbsp ghar ki malai/amul cream,add salt and crushed pepper to the cream.(You may use mayo instead of cream as per your choice)
- Add chicken to it and mix well
- Add a few tbsp of milk to get a nice spreadable consistency if the mixture is too thick
- The filling can be easily stored in the fridge for a day.
- Make the filling at night and keep it in the refrigerator. Next morning make sandwiches for th tiffin.
- Grated Cheese-1 cube
- Crushed Peppercorns
- Homemade Malai/ Cream
- Grate carrot and cucumber.
- Add a pinch of salt and let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Put the grated vegetables in a muslin cloth and squeeze out excess water.
- Add 1 cube of grated cheese and crushed pepper.
- Adds ome fresh malai or cream and spread on sandwiches and cut into roundels or any desired shape
- Green chillies(optional)
- Boiled Peas
- Refined Oil
- Coriander leaves
- Lemon juice
- Bread Crumbs
- Egg white/ Cornflour
- Pressure cook 1 beetroot and about 4 potatoes. (We usually make a big batch as it stays good in the refrigerator for 3-4days)
- Once done ,grate the beetroot and mash potatoes.
- Grate 1 carrot.
- Add some chopped green chillies and ginger.
- Add a handful of boiled peas.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan,add ginger,chillies,add grated carrot and saute for a minute.
- Then add the boiled veggies and saute.
- Add salt,pepper and coriander.
- Finish with juice of 1 lemon.
- Add about 3 slices of bread that is churned in the mixer.Mix well.
- Make small cutlets(I use a cookie cutter) dip in egg white(vegetarians can roll in a thin cornflour slurry)
- Roll in bread crumbs and store in the fridge.
- In the morning either air fry or deep fry.
- If you want to pan fry then avoid the rolling in the bread crumb part.
Grilled Paneer with Tomato Basil Rice
- Paneer/cottage cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil( evoo)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- On a grill pan pour some Extra Virgin Olive Oil( evoo) and butter
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the paneer on both sides and pan grill it,( You may cut paneer as per the desired shape)
- In a wok, add butter and evoo, add cherry tomatoes and basil
- Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add leftover rice and mix well( You may also use fresh cooked rice)
- Finish with oregano seasoning.
- Serve the paneer on the bed of rice.
These recipes are by Priyanka Talreja
Priyanka is a mother to a 4-year-old foodie and also a self-taught food photographer by profession. While she always loved to cook food, it was during the last lockdown she discovered her passion for food styling and food photography and started her insta page by the name of priyankatalreja_photography Soon opportunities started knocking and there has been no looking back for her since then.