Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 4-5 cut Mangoes
- Reserved Mango water from the fruit and the seed (Check the recipe)
- Sugar – to taste
- Wash the mango seed and skin into 1 1/2 cups of clean water. Reserve that water.
- Take the cut mangoes in a blender.
- Add the reserved mango water (according to the thickness of aam ras you need) from the fruit and seed to the pulp in the blender.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Blend well in the mixer.
- Pour it to a container and refrigerate. (Watch video to know the chef’s tip on refrigerating Aamras.)
- In Gujarat , we add some sonth powder and ½ tsp of ghee in one katori of aam ras. (My kids don’t like it so I haven’t added it)
- Aamras can be served along with Poori and Roti or can be mixed with milk for a milkshake or buttermilk for mango lassi.