Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- Mango water extracted from the mango seeds and skin (from 5-6 mangoes)
- Besan flour 2 tbsp
- Yoghurt ½ cup
- Ginger 1” grated
- Green Chilies 1-2 Slit
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves Handful
- Curry leaves A few
- Asafoetida A pinch
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Wash the mangoes well in clean water.
- Squeeze out the pulp from the mango fruit and seeds. Reserve the pulp in a separate dish like aam ras, milk shakes (Watch video to understand the technique.)
- Now wash mango skin and seeds in a 2 cups of water. This water we will use to make fajeto.
- If you don’t have mango water, take normal water and add 3 tbsp mango pulp to make mango water.
- Heat a pan and add ghee.
- When the ghee has heated enough, add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to splutter add curry leaves.
- Next add some asafoetida, chilies and ginger.
- Sauté all the ingredients very well.
- Meanwhile add besan, yoghurt and sugar to the reserved mango water.
- Mix all the contents very well so no lumps are present. (Follow the video to understand the chef’s technique.)
- Add this mixture to the pan along with the seeds.
- Add salt to taste and coriander leaves.
- .Mix everything nicely. Allow the mixture to boil well.
- Yummy Fajeto is ready to serve along with Rice.
- You can use it as a soup also.