What are the side effects of botox?
Botox treatments if done properly are completely safe but a few side effects can arise which are temporary in nature. These include
- Temporary bruising accompanied with pain at the site of treatment.
- Temporary weakening of facial muscles in nearby areas or droopy eyelids which happen due to movement of botox from the place of treatment to other areas hence avoid massaging or lying down.
- Headaches which go away 24-hours after the treatment.
What is the average cost for a botox treatment in India? or Is Botox treatment in India expensive?
Dr.Heman charges by the # of units used during a treatment. The exact # of units used is decided by the Doctor after assessing the patient's muscular structure and discussing the patient's goals of treatment. Every patient is different and will require a different amount of product.
What are the precautions people need to take after botox?
Botox treatments do not require any resting or suspension of any activities by the patient. Normal, day to day activities can be resumed after the procedure. some precautions are…
- Avoid doing any strenuous activity or sports for the next 24 hours.
- Avoid massaging the area where botox has been injected as the toxin might spread to the other muscles causing temporary facial muscle weakness.
- Avoid lying down for the next four or five hours.
How long does Botox treatment last?
Treatment results may last approximately 3 to 4 months. But every patient is different due to everyone's unique muscular structure. Thus, it is important to take note of the date when you begin to notice that your muscles start to regain their movement and thus, begin to create folding/wrinkling of the skin.
To repeat, IF YOU ARE DILIGENT ABOUT MAINTAINING your BOTOX treatments at the frequency recommended by the Doctor then you increase the ability of your treatment results to last longer after future treatments. Since it is a temporary treatment, the results will eventually wear off and BOTOX will need to be injected again. In order to get the best results, Dr.Heman recommends that patients maintain their treatments regularly – at the frequency he recommends.
Is the treatment painful?
BOTOX is applied by a few tiny injections into the area(s) discussed between Dr.Heman and the patient. The needle used is very tiny and feels similar to tiny pinches. Very little pain is experienced Anesthetic is not required and the treatment only takes approximately 15minutes to perform.
At what age is this treatment recommended?
Early 20’s is the optimal age to visit and get a consultation regarding the procedures. Someone who starts at a younger age and prevents deep lines from ever forming will continue to have optimal results later in life. Similarly, the deeper one’s nasolabial folds become, the more volume of filler is required to optimally correct. The 60 year old never before treated sun soaker will have deep, deep lines, possibly requiring 3-4 syringes of filler, whereas the 60 year old who began fillers 20 years ago or so would require much less maintenance at 60 and would likely do well with one or two syringes. Everyone has their own threshold.
Is this treatment suitable for everyone?
A potential customer for botox treatment is one who has started showing early signs of ageing in form of wrinkles and fine lines on the facial skin-
- Pregnant or lactating mothers should not take botox treatments.
- People with neuromuscular diseases do not make a good candidate for botox as it may have adverse effects.
- Patients with an allergy or infection at the site of treatment are not to be given botox injections.
- Certain medications can aggravate side effects of botox so one needs to disclose medical history as well as medication to the doctor.