Grilled Fish with Corn Salsa
By: Chef Jyotika Malik
This delicious grilled fish with corn salsa recipe is perfect and can be enjoyed for dinner during the hot summer months
- Fish fillet 2 (any white fish such as Sole, Cod, Red Snapper, Tilapia )
- Chili Sea salt to taste
- Chili flakes 2 grams
- Olive oil 20 ml
- Mango 100 grams , cut into small dices
- Corn, off the cob 50 grams roasted
- Onions 10 grams, finely chopped
- Coriander leaves 5 grams, finely chopped
- Green chilles 5 grams, finely chopped
- Red bell pepper 25 grams, finely chopped
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Marinate the fish with olive oil, chili sea salt, regular salt, pepper and chili flakes and little lemon juice
- Rub the marinades well on the fillet and allow it rest two to three minutes.
- Roast the corn on direct fire.
- Cut the mango to small dices
- Chop green chilies fine
- Finely chop the onions
- Finely chop the coriander leaves
- Finely chop the red bell pepper
- Heat a pan and pour in some olive oil.
- Allow the oil to heat up and place the marinated fish on the pan and allow it to cook to a nice colour.
- Meanwhile prepare the corn salsa-In a mixing bowl, add the roasted corn, chopped ripe mangoes, green chilies, finely chopped onions, coriander leaves and the bell pepper
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add some lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well with all of the ingredients.
- Check on the fish, and turn the fish on to the other side and allow it to cook. For each side of the fish allow 4 to 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Now place the cooked fish on to a serving plate and place the prepared salsa over the cooked fish. (Watch video to understand the style of serving the preparation.)
- Enjoy eating grilled fish with corn salsa.