In commemoration of the International Day of Action for Women’s Health, GurgaonMoms along with Tata Tetley Green Tea organized an eye-opener discussion session with renowned Nutritionist Kavita Devgan on the topic “Is Good Health About Losing Weight?”
The Session was enriched with Kavita’s expert tips on how we need to focus on our inner health to attain holistic wellness which will eventually ensure a healthy sustainable weight loss.
Kavita says a healthy diet for weight loss is one that aims to cut down on inflammation in our body and strengthens immunity from within. She enlisted three ways to upgrade our inner wellness through simple ways:
- Include Vitamin C in your everyday diet.The Vitamin aids to reduce inflammation is good for our skin and helps in the absorption of iron in the body. Remember as this vitamin cannot be stored, it has to be consumed in our daily diet. Some good dietary sources listed by the nutritionist are bell Pepper, pomegranate, amla, pineapple, guava & Tata Tetley green tea with added Vitamin C.
- Get your daily dose of Vitamin D by exposing yourself to the sun for 10 to 15 min for your body to make enough Vitamin D.
- Staying hydrated helps not only to maintain good skin and weight loss but to a great extent helps to improve our immunity. Consuming 2 to 3 L of water or liquids throughout the day is recommended for a healthy individual.
Want supersonic energy levels?
Nutritionist Kavita has listed some must-do simple daily diet routines which we need to develop as a habit for life. They are as follows:
- Have warm lemon juice with a pinch of cinnamon powder instead of tea or coffee. This helps to hydrate your body, stabilize your blood sugar levels which aid in controlling food cravings throughout the day, and most importantly maintain your body alkaline.
- Follow it up with 5 to 10 soaked almonds to begin your day with good fat.
- After minutes have 2 glasses of room temperature water.
Apart from the above morning routines, she insisted on having one to two glasses of buttermilk every day, especially during summer is good for our gut, and will add protein and calcium to your diet. Consuming 2 cups of green tea, having our dinner 2 to 3 hours before our sleep time allowing time for food digestion, and finally relying less on highly processed foods will build strong inner health as what we are inside is bound to reflect on your outside.
PCOD being a widely prevalent condition among women, the expert also shared easy lifestyle habits that will assist in improving our health. They are as follows:
1)To stabilize insulin levels have lemon juice with a pinch of cinnamon powder first thing in the morning.
2) Do not have too many gaps in between meals to avoid eating huge meals. Ideal will be three main meals and two small snacks which are rich in protein
3) Limit carbohydrate intake and have more protein. Protein-rich diet will help to curb cravings and fewer carbohydrates will keep your insulin in check.
For new moms, Kavita gave these brilliant lifestyle ideas to get back on track.
1) Listen to your body when the body shows readiness, start with diet control and exercise. Never rush or delay too much to adapt back healthy lifestyle.
2) Include foods that are nutritionally high like superfoods. Include 3 to 4 super foods every day like turmeric, mushrooms, berries, and seeds.
3) Include Vitamin C for your skin, and hair, and for your immunity to get back on track.
4)Get your daily dose of Vitamin D by exposing yourself to the sun.
5) Do not stress.
More about Green Tea:
Green tea benefits are not restricted only to weight loss. The Nutritionist listed the other goodness of Green Tea which include a perfect cleansing agent, improves cognitive function, anti-aging, good for the heart, and loaded with antioxidants.
She advised that having 2 to 3 cups of green tea per day is optimum. Having excess green tea will not help our body.
She further added that Green tea can be had any part of the day. After a meal or even after dinner will have some calming effects on our body. Kavita enjoys having her green tea after dinner along with two walnuts & 1 dry fig (anjeer). She says this helps her to sleep better, enjoy a good rest and take on the next day with good energy levels.
This information-packed session is available for you to watch in our community https://fb.watch/doiedg7bLK/
This article has been authored by Sobana Laxmi
Sobana is a master’s in food service management and dietetics, Sobana has worked as a nutritionist and nutrition educator from 2003 to 2010. She has also worked with the sports development authority of Tamil Nadu.
She is also Manager, Operations & Finances. A highly methodical and process-oriented Sobana has been responsible for setting up several processes and checks in GurgaonMoms’ operations.