Here is a recipe, which I found goes very well with mushrooms. Other fillings could be tried as well.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Mushrooms- ~2 cups, sliced
- Amul butter – as per use
- Bread slices – white or brown. I used brown bread.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green Chutney. Could be avoided or replaced with tomato ketchup
- Veeba Chipotle Southwest Dressing
- Sauté the mushrooms in butter.
- Add salt and crushed pepper to taste. Stay light on the salt as the dressing, chutney, and butter also has it.
- [One tip I would like to share when working with mushrooms—Never wash them. Always remove the outer layer with a peeler or a knife. When you wash it with water, it absorbs water and looses texture when cooked.]
- Now, butter one slice of bread. Apply the Veeba Chipotle Southwest dressing on top of it. On the other slice, apply the green chutney. Spread the sautéed mushrooms on top. Put the two slices together and grill it “ekdam kadak”
Trust me with the taste. I have never enjoyed mayo in my sandwiches. I have also never enjoyed lots of cheese as well. Was always looking for options that could thrill me beyond these two. Finally found one.
A feeling of contentment as I saw my daughter relishing it……a happy mother always lands up with tears of joy!
You may also like to read