Quick & Easy Recipes by Vaishalee
We bring to you anther recipe series.
Vaishalee Luthra Jolly is a self styled chef who loves experimenting with food.She is a Micro-Biology and Chemistry graduate from Mumbai University. She has travelled widely and loves trying out local cuisines everywhere she goes. She launched her own food channel called Vaishalee’s Tips and Treats on YouTube in December 2015 and has shared over 70 recipes.
Here she’s showing us how to make delicious Avacado & Mango Salad
Avocado Mango Salad
- Mango – 1 large Peeled & Chopped
- Avocado – 1 large chopped (Watch Video to know the trick of peeling and cutting the avocado by not getting the pulp all over your hands.)
- Basil Leaves – 5 to 6
- Cherry Tomatoes – 8 to 10
- Walnuts – 4 to 5
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Chili flakes – ¼ tsp
- Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Lemon – 1 for Lemon Zest
- Sea Salt – To Taste
- Pomegranate seeds – few for garnishing (optional)
- In a bowl add the peeled and chopped avocados, chopped mangoes and cherry tomatoes.
- Salad Dressing: In a small bowl take lemon juice and mix some pepper powder, sea salt and chopped basil leaves to it. Grate the lemon rind and add some zest to this mixture.
- Add the salad dressing to the chopped avocados and mangoes.
- Mix the salad dressing with the fruits by moving it very lightly. Mix it carefully to avoid the riped fruits from getting squashed.
- Garnish with some chilli flakes, few seeds of pomegranate, and walnuts.
- The fresh and delicious salad is ready to serve.