Thursday, Feb 7, 2019
Hailstorm day in Noida and thankfully no client calls in the evening. That’s when I decided to wrap up work, reach home and make something tacky enough to soothe my senses.
As I reached home just before the hailstorm, two hungry faces were already looking up to me; my husband and my daughter.
Knowing I had to make something that is quick to do and that must complement the weather as well, I decided to go with one of the most popular snacks in the North India, which has taken over Samosas (as per my research ). Tandoori Momos—It had to be. And with Veeba Tandoori Mayonnaise, it was magic.
Quite skeptical about the Veeba Tandoori sauce initially, it was time today to test it’s real flavor and promise. To my surprise, I can now comfortably replace it with my own tandoori sauce recipe which I customized after going through many recommendations and YouTube videos.
Sharing the recipe with all my friends.
Tandoori Paneer Momos with Veeba Tandoori Mayonnaise
Cooking style: Easy to make at home and without the tandoor
Cooking time: ~30 mins
Taste: Unbeatable and totally desi
- Maida/All Purpose Flour: ½ cup
- A pinch of salt
- Paneer: little less than ½ a cup or as per requirement
- Green chillies: finely chopped, as per need
- Onion: finely chopped, as per need (add onions to the momos filling. It keeps it moist)
- Coriander: finely chopped, as per need
- Chaat masala: as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Veeba Tandoori Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Knead a semi soft dough with maida. While kneading add a pinch of salt to it. Pat it with oil and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Grate/mash the paneer. Add chillies, onion, coriander, chaat masala, salt and mix it all well. Let there be no big crumbles.
- Now, make small round balls from the dough, roll it up, add the filling, and close it with any easy momo design pattern you want to go with.
- Brush it with oil/butter.
- Steam the momos for 10-12 mins. Brush the base of the steamer with oil and make sure you have enough space between them as you place them in the steamer.
- You can even fry the momos instead of steaming them. However, take them out from the oil when they are just about 80% done.
- Now, take 3-4 good tablespoons of Veeba tandoori Mayonnaise. Add lemon juice to it, green chillies, coriander, and chaat masala to taste. Note that you do need to add oil to the sauce as Veeba Tandoori Mayonnaise is self-sufficient. For other tandoori sauce recipes, oil is required.
- Transfer the momos to the plate in which you have prepared the tandoori sauce and use your hands to coat the momos with sauce for best results.
- Once they are coated properly, place them in a baking tray and bake at 200 for 10-15 mins/or as per your oven make. Keep a watch.
- Now, to give the final finish, hold each momo with a tong and directly roast it over a burner by turning it around using the tong. This will give it the typical look.
- Enjoy with dips of your choice.You may also like to read